Fast risk evaluation depending on the short of protection
An approach to evaluate in a fast way the risks that exist in a machine, is the following chek-list. The positive answer give us a clue about how the risk is under control. After choosing a protección for the risk, even the protection is already installed answer the following questions:
– Is the risk already removed, or at last reduced?
– The selected/existing protection drives into a safety situation according the intended use?
– The selected/existing protection is easy to be removed or sliped through?
– The short of protection decrease the severity of the harm?
– Does it hamper the execution of the taks?
– Is it already installed in a way that not any additional risks are added?
– The information about the usage is clear?
– The operative procedures are comprenhensive enough according with the users?
– The working methods and the training requirements are suitable described?
– Are the users informed about the residual risks along the life cycle of the machine?
– If any personal protective equipment is recomended, has been the neccessity described, even the training about how to use them?